Petrographic Thin Section Program Eligibility Requirements
The Lunar and Meteorite Thin Section & Disk Program is open to institutions that meet the following criteria:
- Institution is a post-secondary college or university offering an undergraduate or graduate program in a geosciences or related field and located in the USA.
- Request is for use by students taking part in a geosciences curriculum. For other uses, see the Lunar and Meteorite Education Disk Program.
- Request is made to NASA in writing on the institution's letterhead and is for a period no longer than 2 weeks. For long-term sample requests, see Long Term Display Program.
- The borrower and the institution enter into a cooperative loan agreement and agree to the security provisions set forth in the agreement.
- Institution has the necessary equipment available for use:
- Standard petrographic microscope with reflected light capability