Proper Use of Lunar Education Samples
- Sign the assignment forms and immediately return them to the Education Sample Curator.
- Observe all Security requirements as written in the Loan Agreement.
- Promptly report any sample loss or damage to the Education
- Instruct students to carefully avoid touching the top surfaces of the lunar thin sections. These are uncovered thin sections and fingerprints will deteriorate the samples.
- The greatest probability for damage to the thin sections is in the adjustment of the focus of the microscope. Watch the objective!
- Instruct students to carefully avoid scratching the surface of the sample disk. Use the square piece of felt provided under the disk at all times.